Exciting weekend for RBYC sailors at the Black Rock Skiff Regatta 2018
Great success for the Black Rock Skiff Regatta, held on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd of April and organised by the Black Rock Yacht Club. 79 sailors showed up on the start line over the weekend.
Congratulations to all participants, and particularly to all our RBYC sailors!
The whole event has been characterised by very light winds between 5 and 10 kts, which required several course changes throughout the day and challenged many. Though lighter crews had the upper hand, it took a lot of skill to sail fast in these conditions.
#teambrighton sailors competed in many of the different classes sailed, including the RS Quests and RS Aeros, with very impressive results across the board. Here’s a quick list:
- 1st place – AUS153 Zac Hayes & Ethan Hosking
- 2nd place – AUS1940 Lewis Sloane & Patrick Distefano
- 3rd place – AUS1530 Elizabeth Tedstone & Allie McLennan
- 1st place – AUS442 Aaron Stead
- 3rd place – AUS437 Ross Wyatt
- 4th place – AUS519 David Williamson
- 8th place – AUS414 Brett Bowden
- 10th place – AUS245 Andrew Poulton
- 11th place – AUS436 Brett Heath
RS Aero 7
- 2nd place – 1679 Rhett Gowans
- 5th place – 2500 Michael O’Brien
- 2nd place – 1058 Tony Hennessy & Tamara Gole
- 3rd place – 133 Eliza Ewart & Ryan Ingram
- 5th place – 1059 Chris Holmes & Claire Pritchard
- 7th place – 1003 Matthew Hennessy & Joe Hennessy
- 8th place – 1005 Leon Paratz & Jasper Ragg
- 9th place – 1001 Joel Tyler & Lewis Sloane
Click the button below to check out the full results and whatch some of photos from the weekend.